The Festival concerts take place in a seated auditorium in Base Court, one of the Palace’s stunning Tudor courtyards. The gates open at 5.30pm for pre-concert drinks and picnics in the beautiful East Front Gardens. The concert start time differs between shows, but is normally between 8.30pm-9pm (see individual artist page).
We have three pricing bands to choose from when booking your concert seats as follows:
1. The Champagne Concert Ticket is premium front of stage seating (within blocks B, C & D) and includes a glass of Champagne prior to the concert start to enjoy on the East Front Gardens. 2. All seats within our tiered seating area in Block A, Block A (covered), selected seats in Block C, B and D. 3. Selected seats within Block B and D.
For more booking information click here.
Travelling to the Festival
Address: Hampton Court Palace East Molesey Surrey KT8 9AU England
By Train: Hampton Court Palace is situated only a few minutes walk from Hampton Court Station which is on a direct line to and from London Waterloo. There are 2 direct trains per hour from London Waterloo, which take 40 minutes.
Visit southwesttrains.co.uk to book your ticket or call 0845 6000 650.
By Car: Hampton Court Palace is situated to the South West of Central London and is close to Kingston-Upon-Thames. It is 20 minutes from junctions 15, 12 and 10 of the M25.
Complimentary parking facilities a few minutes walk from the Palace are available to Festival patrons. Festival car parking will be signposted on all major approach roads. Car Parks will be open from 5pm onwards on performance days and until one hour after the end of the performance. For drivers using sat nav systems, please enter the postcode KT8 9AU and follow the parking signs for the Festival once in the area.
By Bus: Local bus services R68, 411, 111 & 216 also serve Hampton Court Palace.
By Boat: A boat service from Turks Pier, Kingston-Upon-Thames (short walk from Kingston station) to Hampton Court Palace (journey time 30mins) departs at 5.15pm each night of the Festival. An additional boat service from Richmond (journey time 1hr 30mins) departs at 4:15pm.See here for details.
As the event takes place within an Historic Royal Palace there are a number of restrictions that we ask all guests to observe:
- Barbecues are not permitted anywhere within the Palace grounds
- No picnics or hampers, large items or bags are permitted within the concert auditorium
- A complimentary ‘left-picnic’ facility will be available within the Palace Gardens while you enjoy the concert
- No smoking, drinking or eating are permitted inside the Palace including the courtyards and the concert auditorium
- No audio-visual equipment or umbrellas are permitted to be used once inside the Palace, including the courtyards and the concert auditorium
- Please note that as a courtesy to all audience members, umbrellas are not permitted in the auditorium. In inclement weather, ponchos will be available for sale.
All tickets are allocated seats which includes entrance to the Palace Gardens from 5.30pm. Free car parking is available for all ticket holders from 5pm.
Please note: This is an outdoor event and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
Hampton Court Palace is an historic building and, therefore, has uneven surfaces. There is however a step-free route from the Palace Gardens to Palace Courtyard – please ask the stewards for assistance with this route.
Within Base Court there are 6 wheelchair spaces and 6 complimentary companion seats per concert on the wheelchair platform. In addition wheelchairs can be accommodated on the flat areas of the auditorium in specific locations within Blocks B, C & D. Please note: companion seats are available for Blocks B, C & D, however these spaces are limited, subject to availability and booked in advance on a first come first serve basis and can only be booked directly through IMG Events on 020 8233 5400 Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm.
There are limited disabled parking spaces in the Palace car park and this is allocated on a first come, first serve basis. To book a disabled car parking space please call IMG Events on 020 8233 5400 Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm or email: email@example.com. We will require the car registration number and blue badge number at the time of booking.
In order to comply with emergency evacuation procedures please be aware that wheelchair users who book non-dedicated wheelchair space might be asked to leave their wheelchairs outside the Palace Courtyard.
Horse-drawn tram rides
What could be more regal than a horse-drawn tram ride in the formal gardens at Hampton Court Palace? Brand new this year, guests at the Festival have the opportunity to meet Henry’s Great Horses. The Shire horse was developed as a breed by Henry VIII as the ultimate war horse. Now you can experience them in a more stately way by joining the 15 minute tram ride (£5pp). No booking necessary.