Terms & Conditions
A. GENERAL TERMS
- The Event, held at Hampton Court Palace (“Venue”) is organised and managed by International Management Group )(UK) Limited (“Organiser”), a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 03827071 and with registered office at Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5HR.
- Visitors can attend the Event either with: (i) a general admission ticket (“General Ticket”; or (b) a VIP ticket (“VIP Ticket”) which includes entry to the Event and the dining package currently known as the Kings Dining Package but may which be known by any other name from time to time (“Dining Package”), (each of General Ticket and VIP Ticket an “Event Ticket” and together the “Event Tickets”).
- A valid Event Ticket entitles the holder to attend the Event on the date and at the times stated on the Event Ticket.
- Visitors holding an Event Ticket may also choose to purchase: (1) Fortnum and Mason Picnic(s) (“Picnic Add On; and/or (2) Hire of a Waterside Gazebo (“Gazebo Add On”), each as further set out below. Event Ticket holders who purchase a Picnic Add On shall, in addition to all terms as set out hereunder, be bound by the Picnic Terms, and Event Ticket holders who purchase a Gazebo Add On shall, in addition to all terms as set out hereunder, be bound by the Gazebo Terms.
- Notwithstanding the means by which a visitor holds an Event Ticket, the General Terms, Entry Conditions, and Refund Terms (to the extent set out therein) apply to all visitors attending the Event.
B. ENTRY CONDITIONS
Event Tickets and Admission
- There shall be no admittance to the Event without a valid Event Ticket.
- All holders of an Event Ticket agree to be bound by these Entry Conditions, those as detailed on the Event Ticket, and such other terms as are drawn to the attention of visitors by the Organiser and/or by any third party seller of Event Tickets (as applicable).
- Where a visitor attends the Event with a VIP Ticket (howsoever purchased), the VIP Ticket Terms shall also apply.
- It is the Event Ticket holder’s responsibility to check his or her Event Ticket(s), as mistakes cannot always be rectified and the Organiser shall not be responsible for any incorrect Event Tickets.
- Event Tickets may not be used as prizes in competitions, “give-aways” or a lottery without the prior written consent of the Organiser in its sole discretion.
- Event Tickets must not be resold, exchanged, transferred, altered or defaced. Any such action shall render the Event Ticket(s) void (and any individual with such an Event Ticket may be refused entry or removed from the Event in Organiser’s sole discretion).
- On entry to the Event all visitors agree to accept and abide by any venue rules of Historic Royal Palaces (“HRP”) (as may be updated from time to time) and any other regulations from time to time provided on entry to the Venue.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen Event Tickets.
- 9.All Event Ticket sales are final and unless otherwise stated herein (or in any Third Party Terms, if applicable), no refunds, cancellations or exchanges are available after an Event Ticket has been purchased.
- The concerts at the Event (“Concerts”) may be seated or standing and such designation will be detailed on the Event Ticket. For Concerts with seated areas, seats shall be pre allocated at the time of booking and will be detailed on the front of the Event Ticket(s), which will be dispatched two weeks prior to the Event. Organiser retains the right to reallocate any designated seating if it reasonably requires. Concerts with standing areas there shall be a certain area in the venue in which the ticket holder must stand.
- Event Tickets are issued subject to, and these Entry Conditions incorporate, the rules and regulations of HRP, and shall remain the property of the Organiser who hereby reserves the right to recall any Event Ticket at any time.
- Without prejudice to the Refund Terms and any third Party Terms (if applicable), Event Tickets are non-refundable and are issued subject to the Organiser’s right to alter or vary the Event due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange Event Tickets. It is the responsibility of the Event Ticket holder to ascertain the date, time and venue of any rearranged staging of the Event.
- Organiser reserves the rights to refuse admission to the Event to anyone who does not have a valid Event Ticket (including those which appear to be counterfeit or which have been altered and/or defaced).
Event and Venue Rules
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all attendees, Organiser and HRP reserve the right in their absolute discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit to the Event and to confiscate items which may be illegal, cause danger and/or disruption to the Event or other visitors, or are in breach of these Entry Conditions and to refuse admission to the Event. Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these conditions will face eviction from the Venue.
- Organiser reserves the right to:
- evict any person who is:
- i. breaching these Entry Conditions;
- ii. committing a criminal offence;
- iii. behaving in a disorderly manner or in a way that has an adverse effect on public safety,
- iv. behaving in an anti-social manner or in a way that causes a public nuisance;
- v. conducting themselves in a manner that is inappropriate to and/or compromises the safety and/or security of other visitors;
- vi. conducting themselves in a manner that is offensive and/or disrespectful to staff; and/or
- vii. under the influence of drugs and/or excessive alcohol; and/or
- refuse alcohol to any attendee who, in Organiser’s absolute discretion, is unreasonably intoxicated and/or is behaving in an unacceptable manner;
- evict all members of any group of persons where that group is behaving in a persistent anti-social manner.
- evict any person who is:
- In the event of an emergency, Event Ticket holders and all visitors to the Event must follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
- The Event is an outdoor event and visitors are advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear at all times.
Prohibited Acts and Items
- Visitors must not bring any of the following items into the Venue: food, drink, glass, sharp items, drones, laser pens, and Organiser reserves the right to confiscate any such item(s) from any person entering or at the Venue.
- No smoking, drinking or eating are permitted inside the Venue including the courtyards and the Auditorium (save for as part of the Dining Package or drinks purchased from the official bar within the courtyard).
- When purchasing alcohol at the Event, if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for valid identification that you are aged 18 or over. You will not be permitted to take alcohol into the Palace from the East Front Gardens, bag searches will be in operation.
- Use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited at the Event.
- No animals are allowed at the Event, other than assistance dogs (such as guide dogs).
- Commercial, promotional and trading activities are not permitted at the Event without express prior written permission of the Organiser. Please note that the Organiser will charge a fee for any commercial activity (including filming, photography and recording) at the Event.
Filming and Photography
- All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with the Organiser and any material captured, filmed or recorded at the Event by any Event goer may only be used for the personal, non-profit making enjoyment of amateurs.
- By entering the Event, visitors agree and consent to:
- being photographed, filmed or recorded as visitors attending the Event, and to such image(s) or recording(s) of them being used in future marketing and promotional material for the Event and/or by the Organiser and its affiliated companies
- being filmed, photographed and recorded for television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience.
- Event goers acknowledge that CCTV cameras will be in operation across the Venue for reasons of security and public interest.
- Entrance to the Event is subject to both a prohibition on the use of photographic or filming equipment at the Event for commercial gain, without the Organiser’s prior written consent; such that:
- a person may be denied entry to, or removed from the Event if he or she is found in possession of any equipment capable of taking photographs, making films, sound recordings or broadcasts; or if he or she takes any photograph, makes a film, sound recording or broadcast of anything occurring inside the Festival for commercial gain; and
- a person may enter the Event with equipment referred to in (a) above where it is integrated into electronic communications apparatus designed for personal private use (such as a mobile telephone) and/or a personal stills camera, but the person may still be removed in accordance with paragraph (a) above if they attempt to use this device for commercial gain.
- Each holder of an Event Ticket acknowledges that attendance at the Event is entirely at their own risk and neither the Organiser nor any of its employees, contractors, affiliated entities, or their servants or agents, shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage (to person or property) howsoever suffered by a holder of an Event Ticket, including consequential losses, save for:
- death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organiser, its employees, contractors or agents; and
- any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable laws, including the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Each Event goer is responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements for the Event and except as set out in the Refund Terms, Organiser shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whether direct or consequential, including but not limited to travel or accommodation expenses from postponement, cancellation, abandonment or curtailment of the Event and the Event Ticket holder waives all rights of whatsoever nature against Organiser, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives arising from cancellation, abandonment or curtailment of the Event. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall exclude or restrict liability for personal injury or death due to negligence.
- These Entry Conditions shall be governed by English law and those bound by them hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection herewith.
- If any of these Entry Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that term and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The Organiser expressly reserves the right to change and/or amend these Entry Conditions from time to time.
C. REFUND TERMS
- The Event will operate in line with the latest government restrictions. The Operator reserves the right to cancel your Event Ticket(s) should governmental or other regulatory capacity restrictions and/or any decision of another relevant authority relating to COVID-19 be implemented nearer the Event date.
- Where an Event Ticket is purchased on this website, these Refund Terms shall apply in their entirety (in addition to the above General Terms and Entry Conditions).
- Where any of the following are purchased on a third party ticketing platform, the terms and conditions of that third party (“Third Party Terms”) in addition to the General Terms, Entry Conditions, Picnic Terms (if applicable), and Gazebo Terms (if applicable) shall apply: (a) Event Ticket; (b) Picnic Add On; (c) Gazebo Add On. Where those Third Party Terms reference the terms and conditions of the Organiser in relation to refunds, cancellation, abandonment, curtailment and/or postponement these Refund Terms shall apply to the extent referenced therein, and in the event of conflict between the Third Party Terms and these Refund Terms, the Third Party Terms shall prevail. Please contact the ticketing agent (as applicable) with questions relating to all such matters.
- If the Event is postponed (whether in its entirety or if the relevant day of the Event to which your Event Ticket relates, is postponed), your Event Ticket, Picnic Add On (if applicable), and Gazebo Add On (if applicable) will be valid for the rescheduled Event. Where you are unable to attend the rescheduled Event or where you choose not to do so, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the Event Ticket and Picnic Add on (if applicable) and Gazebo Add On (if applicable), but no refund will be given in respect of any other expenditure whatsoever.
- If the Event is cancelled (whether in its entirety or if the relevant day of the Event to which your Event Ticket relates, is cancelled) prior to the opening of the Event day (as applicable), you shall be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the Event Ticket and Picnic Add on (if applicable) and Gazebo Add On (if applicable) but no refund will be given in respect of any other expenditure whatsoever.
- If the day of the Event to which your Event Ticket relates is curtailed more than 50% into the scheduled headline performance, no refunds shall be given in respect of any Event Ticket, Picnic Add on, or Gazebo Add On. Where less than 50% of the headline performance has taken place, the following provisions shall apply:
- -For General Tickets: you shall be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the Event Ticket but no refund shall be available in respect of any Picnic Add On and/or any Gazebo Add On;
- -For VIP Tickets: you shall be entitled to a refund of the face value of a top price General Ticket (as applicable to the curtailed performance) but no refund shall be given in respect of the hospitality element of the VIP Ticket.
- -Where any curtailed Event is rescheduled (in whole or in part), the provisions of Clause 3 of these Refund Terms shall apply.
- If any of these Refund Terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that term and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The Organiser expressly reserves the right to change and/or amend these Refund Terms from time to time.
VIP TICKET TERMS
- By howsoever purchasing a VIP Ticket and/or attending the Event using a VIP Ticket, the visitor agrees to observe these VIP Ticket Terms (in addition to the Entry Conditions and Refund Terms (as applicable)) and such other terms as are drawn to the attention of visitors by the Organiser and those as detailed on the VIP Ticket.
- Any food and/or drink served as part of the Dining Package may contain nuts, egg, milk and other allergens. If guests have an intolerance or allergy to ingredients on the menu, please notify the Organiser reasonably in advance and Organiser will do its best to accommodate requests.
- Tables seat up to 10 guests. Smaller groups will be asked to share a table unless otherwise arranged with and agreed by Organiser in its sole discretion.
- Only those persons aged 13 or above may attend the Event using a VIP Ticket.
- The price of the Dining Package varies, subject to artist and evening.
- The State Apartments for dining may change, without prior notice.
- Latecomers may not receive some element of the Dining Package.
- The Palace State Apartments must be vacated 10 minutes prior to the Concert time.
- Please note that given the nature, age and status of the Venue, access to some of the State Apartments is limited. It is necessary to contact Organiser regarding facilities available for wheelchair users, when accessing these Apartments.
- The Venue’s buildings and interiors are historically important. Venue conservation rules will be in place and the holder of the VIP Ticket will subject to such rules to include, but not limited to:
- No stilettos with a heel smaller than a 5p piece;
- Red wine, dark beers and coffee etc. may only be served to seated dinner guests;
- No leaning on security ropes;
- Smoking and the use of electronic cigarettes inside the Palace is strictly forbidden; and
- No drinks are permitted out of the designated apartment, and cannot be taken from one apartment to another.
- If an Event Ticket holder selects a Gazebo Add on, the Event Ticket Holder shall have use on the relevant date of a pre-erected waterside gazebo situated on the East Front Gardens (“Gazebo”) which they can enjoy before and after the Concert. For the avoidance of doubt, the purchase of a Gazebo Add On does not include admittance to the Event. All persons must also hold a valid Event Ticket.
- By selecting a Gazebo Add on, the Event Ticket Holder shall have use of the Gazebo from 6pm – 11pm (on the relevant date), a table with six chairs and waiting staff to assist the visitor and their guests.
- The Gazebo Add On, does not include any food or drink and visitors cannot watch the Concert from the Gazebo, as this takes place in the Auditorium.
- Use of each Gazebo shall be subject always to any rules and conditions which may be notified to Event Ticket holders from time to time.
- If an Event Ticket Holder selects a Picnic Add on, the Event Ticket holder will be issued with a voucher for a Fortnum’s picnic for two (“Picnic”) (the particular type as selected by the Event Ticket Holder) (“Picnic Voucher”). For the avoidance of doubt, a Picnic Add on does not include admittance to the Event. All persons must also hold a valid Event Ticket.
- Dishes in the Picnic(s) may contain nuts, egg, milk and other allergens. If visitors are unsure of the dish suitability for different dietary requirements, please contact Fortnum & Mason and they will be happy to advise.
- It is the responsibility of the holder of the Picnic Voucher to check the Picnic Voucher, as mistakes cannot always be rectified, and the Organiser shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen Picnic Vouchers.
- All sales of Picnic Add Ons are final and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever suffered by a holder of a Picnic Voucher, including consequential losses. No refunds, cancellations or exchanges are available after a Picnic Add On has been purchased, save as set out herein.
- Picnic Vouchers cannot be resold, exchanged, or transferred. To do so or to alter or deface any Picnic Voucher will render it void. Any unlawful reselling of the Picnic Voucher (or attempting to do so) is prohibited and may result in cancellation of the Picnic Voucher without any refund or compensation and/or the holder of the Picnic Voucher being refused entry or removed from the Event.
- The Event is an outdoor event and each Picnic must be consumed on the East Front Gardens - please be prepared and dress accordingly for the weather, as occasionally, inclement weather can disrupt an open-air event.
- A Picnic cannot be taken inside the Palace. There is a complimentary ‘left picnic cloakroom’ in which belongings can be left, before entering the palace. Picnics and other belongings can also be left on the lawns of the East Front Gardens, however, all items left on the lawns or within the ‘left picnic cloakroom’ are done so solely at the owner’s own risk and the Organiser shall not be held responsible or accountable for any loss or damage suffered by any visitors.